Friday, June 17, 2016

Weak in the Knees...

I know it seems kind of odd to talk about this on a beauty blog, but it's hard to feel beautiful when you've been in pain for a long long so...

Earlier this year I was diagnosed with a knee disorder and my X-rays showed narrowing of the joint corridor. Needless to say, I've been in pain for months - especially anytime that I have to stand for more than 6 ours or accidentally wrench or turn the knee. Sometimes it will just give when I'm walking. This knee brace was just what the doctor ordered.

The brace has three Velcro straps that secure it around the knee, and rubber treads that help keep it in place. There are four springs sewn into two channels on either side of the knee brace that provide support to the ball joint while you are wearing it. I found that I was able to walk faster and stand longer while using it. It in improved my confidence when wearing it. Before, If my knee was even a little sore or if I had sat for a long period,  I would be afraid that the knee would give.

Now,I can even walk right down the stairs from my third floor apartment with very little to no discomfort. Unfortunately, there is a con...

The brace is basically one size fits most, so it does not secure as well as it would around someone with even a slightly smaller upper leg. Because of this is often slides out of alignment and I have to tug it back into place. I've been trying to wear black to make the brace less obvious but people are going to notice you tugging at it. It will stay in place better if I strap it really tight but that can't be good for my circulation. I would suggest the company try making one the is for larger legs, too.

The con aside, this is a lifesaver.There is a marked difference in my mobility when I wear it and when I don't. I've been able to become more active now that I can keep my knee stable. I'm looking forward to returning to the gym and getting back my leg strength.

Disclaimer: I received this item at a discount in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment